Nephrology is the branch of medicine that deals with medical management of kidney disease. It focuses on abnormal kidney function, preservation of kidney health, and treatment of kidney disease. Management ranges from implementing diet and lifestyle changes, to use of medication, and renal replacement therapy like renal dialysis and kidney transplantation.
What does our Nephrologist specialise in?
- Kidney disease (renal failures, Diabetes related kidney disease)
- SLE & Vasculitis Affecting Kidneys
- Dialysis, Fistula Management
- Kidney Transplant care
- Genetic Kidney Diseases such as Polycystic Kidney
- Urinary tract infections & medical management of Stones
- Management of Electrolyte imbalance
We are proud to have a nephrologist here at Epping Family Medicine & Specialist Centre.
Dr Usman Mahmood provides Consultant Nephrologist and General Physician services at Epping Family Medical and Specialist Centre.