Nephrology is the branch of medicine that deals with medical management of kidney disease. It focuses on abnormal kidney function, preservation of kidney health, and treatment of kidney disease. Management ranges from implementing diet and lifestyle changes, to use of medication, and renal replacement therapy like renal dialysis and kidney transplantation.
Watch this video to learn How your kidney’s work
What does our Nephrologist specialise in?
- Kidney disease (renal failures, Diabetes related kidney disease)
- SLE & Vasculitis Affecting Kidneys
- Dialysis, Fistula Management
- Kidney Transplant care
- Genetic Kidney Diseases such as Polycystic Kidney
- Urinary tract infections & medical management of Stones
- Management of Electrolyte imbalance
We are proud to have a consultant nephrologist, Dr Usman Mahmood, here at Epping Family Medicine & Specialist Centre to offer this important service to our patients.